Shoebox Scan packages offer an economical solution for scanning volume archives of photographs. We offer six packages at various quantities. Choose the package that corresponds to your quantity of originals. Files are delivered on a DVD Data Disc for printing or viewing and editing on a home computer. We can scan originals from wallet size to 8.5 x 11 inches. Files will be jpeg 300dpi at the original size.
Prepare your photos in bundles as follows:
• Prints must be loose, not in albums.
• Stack originals from smallest to largest facing right side up.
• You may use index cards to divide and sort your photos, and if you label the cards in numerical order, we will scan in that order.
• Scanning is done backwards: bottom of stack feeds first with photos stacked face up.
• Tape, glue, torn photos, polaroids or mounted prints will not feed through this scanner.
Go to our Film Scans page for information on Shoebox Scans for Slides and Negatives.
For photo transfers to Slideshow/TV DVDs, see our Video Transfer page.
Flatbed Scans from negatives, slides, transparencies, or reflective originals up to 12" x 17" on our Epson Expression 12000XL photo scanner. Standard Scans do not include dust spotting, color corrections or cropping. Choose Custom Flatbed Scans for a custom-tailored resolution, color corrections, density adjustments, light cleanup and cropping.
Canon digital capture (12.8 megapixel) of originals up to 28” x 48” (no wrinkles or buckles). Wrinkled, curly or creased originals must be shot under glass at a maximum size of 22” x 48”. Add 50%. Larger sizes can be captured in multiple shots and stitched together digitally. DRC charges apply. Ask for a quote. Add 50% for lab to remove framed originals from the frame. Maximum file size is 34 megabytes. Allow 2 working days.